In the early 1950s, Josephine Gerlock began teaching dance classes out of her home with a small group of students. Within a couple of years, she realized there was a need for a dance studio in Valdosta. In 1952, she officially opened the doors to her studio on North Lee Street with one guiding principle: love children first, then teach them to dance.
Over 70 years later, Gerlock remains true to that philosophy. We believe dance is more than choreography and beautiful costumes - it's a way for children to build self-esteem, express themselves creatively, and meet new friends. As the longest-running dance studio in Valdosta, it's our goal to provide students with a loving, warm environment that not only helps them grow as dancers, but more importantly as young ladies.